
The Peg Perego Pliko P3 Travel System (stroller and car seat duo) is hands down the MOST VERSATILE and USEFUL stroller system in today's market. I was fortunate enough to get the Peg Perego because I did my research and learned that it was the highest rated stroller in the market. I confirmed this when I tried to use other people's strollers and it made me realize, wow, I got a good thing here!
As a first time parent and a newbie to strollers, I was a bit besieged as my husband began to unpack the boxes for the car seat and the stroller. I kept thinking to myself, will I ever learn how to use this and be able to handle a baby? I think the fear and anxiety that drove those thoughts was partly due to my fluctuating pregnancy hormones. Nevertheless, I recall stressing just looking at the stroller and car seat during the last month of my pregnancy.
My biggest problem was that my husband read the manual and I thought I would learn just by osmosis. Not really but you catch my drift. Since I had a c-section, I had my husband around the first couple of weeks everywhere we went. This made learning how to “load and unload the car seat into the car”, “detaching the car seat from the stroller” and “folding the car seat to place it in the car” a total synch because my hubby did it all for me and I didn’t pay much attention to it.
I remember the first day my mom and I decided to go for a drive together, without my husband. I loaded up the infant car seat on top of the stroller. The car seat snaps right in and it’s SUPER easy. That is one HUGE plus for this stroller system. Once we reached the car I tried to lift the car seat off the top of the stroller. No luck. Then my mom, who’s almost as product-challenged as I am tried to unlatch the car seat, no luck. The car seat was LOCKED onto the stroller and it was not going to budge. I must say, the security of the system was fully tested and it passed because there was no way for us to unlock the car seat from the stroller. I went back inside the house and google’d the strollers’ website and read the instruction. No help. None! I am sooo bad at reading manuals.
I went back to the car where my mom was still trying to undo the car seat from the stroller. Then one of my neighbors walks by and he tried to help us. NO LUCK. I finally get a hold of my husband, who I had been trying to call for the past 30 minutes. All I can tell you is it was the most simple thing that we missed. All we had to do was lift the back of the car seat latch up and it unlocked itself. HOW SIMPLE IS THAT? Too simple in my opinion. I laugh looking back now but at the time, when I was breaking into a post-partum sweat, I thought it sucked.
The infant car seat portion of the Peg Perego Pliko P3 system was very cool. It came with one base (which we installed in our Cadillac) and it also easily fit into other cars and secured with the seatbelt with ease. I had a hard time carrying the car seat once my baby hit 3-4 months of age. It just got to darn heavy. But for the most part, my husband was able to carry it around just fine. The material of the car seat is also very nice because it cleans easily, especially after those nasty spit ups.
The car seat plopped right into the stroller and we used that feature for about 3 months. It was VERY handy and we found the locking mechanism to work nice and was for the most part problem-free. Once we moved on to just using the stroller, we really learned that this was by far one of the best options for a stroller. The stroller also folded very compact, better than most strollers, leaving us tons of room for everything and anything else we lugged around for our new baby boy. Boy we realized having a baby sure does require TONS of packing and bags! lol...
Everything we needed, this stroller had. The cup holders, the recline feature, the sun/rain roof... it was all very well thought out and useful. I especially LOVED the recline feature on the Peg Perego. It was perfect for those days when my son just wanted to nap. It layed almost as flat as a bed!! The only downfall about this stroller was the storage compartment on the bottom. I feel like parents, especially moms, have so much to carry. A purse, a diaper bag, toys and not to mention another small cooler to tote around baby food and milk. I needed something a bit more durable and larger but I was willing to settle for the one we had considering it was such a great stroller.
Here are some of my pictures from us using our Peg Perego. I give the stroller a 5 out of 5 stars. It is THAT good.

Sleepy Time in the Infant Car Seat
Going inside the car for a joy ride
Our 3 week old loves his car seat
The car seat set into the stroller
DEMO for your viewing pleasure:
0 comments:
Post a Comment